Saturday, February 6, 2016

Drugstore Mascara Roundup: Rimmel, Maybelline and L’Oréal

Over the past few months, I have been trying out loads of new drugstore mascaras because I had not really branched out from my favorite Maybelline ones. Today, I thought I’d round up the most recent three and give you mini reviews of each. I’m not one to wax poetic about mascaras (maybe if I find THE ONE) so I think this format might be more useful than doing individual reviews. Let’s get into it shall we?


First we have the Rimmel Wonder’Lash Lift Me Up Mascara, a lovely option for natural looking lashes. It gives nice volume and quite a bit of length for defined lashes that are fluttery. Because the formula is quite wet to begin with, I found it got better with time as it got drier. One thing I have to say however is that it is quite heavily fragranced with a cucumber scent so you might want to think about it if you have very sensitive eyes (I didn’t have a problem with it though). Overall, a really decent offering from Rimmel at a super affordable price. 


Next we have one of the most recent launches, the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up DramaMascara. Sadly I didn’t get on with this one, the formula was very heavy and dry, but at the same time it was also quite goopy and made my lashes clump together. The really short bristles of the brush did not help either so I was left with clumped lashes, no added length or definition. It also really weighed down my lashes, they couldn’t hold a curl. I was very disappointed by The Falsies Push Up Drama (a shame since Maybelline usually makes such great mascaras) and I suggested you go for the The Falsies Flared or the Mega Plush, both are really great.


Lastly I have the L’Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara, I have been looking at this for years but never picked it up for some reason. Similarly to the Rimmel one, the formula starts off quite wet (typical with L’Oréal mascaras) and it really gets better once it’s dried a little. The brush is great at offering maximum definition and combined with the length-boosting formula, it gives you really great lashes. Even though you won’t get a lot of volume out of this one, it still looks like you have a lot of lashes because of the very defining brush. Another great option from L’Oréal and I might actually try more from the Million Lashes range soon.

I hope you have enjoyed this insight into my most recent mascara buys and have found it helpful. All the products mentioned are available from the drugstore and any store that stocks the brands. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig