Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My 3 Favorite MAC Lip Glosses

I finally did it!!! After months of thinking and putting it off, I finally cleaned my makeup stash and got rid of what was too old to use anymore. This also led to the rediscovery of some old favorites. A few years ago, MAC was all the rage, every YouTuber and blogger used to go crazy for all the limited edition collections. Don’t get me wrong, MAC still does beautiful collections but I think their permanent products deserve some love too. So today I thought I’d share with you my 3 favorite lip glosses from MAC.


The first ever lip product I purchased from MAC was the amazing Venetian Lustreglass. This is a classic red shade that gives you color but it’s still not a full on red lip, perfect for those wanting to get into red lips. The lustreglass formula gives really nice shine to the lips and it’s not as thick or sticky as the Lipglasses. However this gloss is thicker than a lot of other formulas on the market, but that also means it has great lasting-power.

If you prefer something a bit more natural or a great layering color Pinkarat Lustreglass is perfect for you. The color is a gorgeous light pink that’s not too cool-toned and it has a lovely gold pearl and shimmer running through that gives it a little something special. Pinkarat adds great dimension to your lips when worn on its own and because the color is sheer you can wear it on top of lipsticks or stains for a boost of shine.


Lastly I have the Dazzleglass in Smile, a peach color with fuchsia pink shimmer. I had a look online I couldn’t find this specific color (maybe it’s still available in stores?) but they have loads of other colors. They have very interesting combinations of base colors and shimmers that make the gloss really pop on your lips. Dazzleglasses are not very pigmented lip glosses but they offer incredible glass-like shine and the shimmer in them really sparkles. These are quite thick and a bit sticky but they are so long-lasting that they are worth it for the gorgeous shine you get for hours.

MAC has such a great selection of colors and lip gloss formulas that everyone can find something to suit their fancy. Also they are quite reasonably priced for such good quality products. I know MAC packaging is quite basic but it is worth looking past it to discover amazing colors you simply don’t find in other brands. MAC Lustreglasses and Dazzleglasses are available from the MAC website and at any of their counters. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig