Saturday, July 26, 2014

Missha Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel

Like many, I am still on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen. One that is not oily, has a high SPF and that will not clog my pores. The last one is my main concern because my skin is particularly sensitive to sunscreen. Being a fan of Korean skincare products, I had high hopes for the Missha all around Safe Block Sun Gel, after all Koreans are all about fair skin and take sun protection very seriously.

This particular product has an SPF 30/PA++ which is great for daily protection. The brand also offers other formulas with higher protection levels (SPF 45 and 50).

First of all, a special mention has to go to the packaging, a gorgeous patterned blue tube with a large silver cap that keeps it stable on your countertop. The design is gorgeous and the size of the tube makes it easy to carry when traveling or on the go.


Onto the actual sunscreen now, this is not a gel, but rather a lightweight white gel cream that blends easily into the skin. It did not leave a white cast on my face, however I do have very fair skin so I don’t know if it would be an issue on darker skin. Once it sinks in, it leaves the skin looking dewy, which can boost radiance under your foundation, and your face will feel slightly tacky (It goes away after a while). Also, the product is fragranced, but I personally really enjoyed light fruity-floral scent.

My only problem with the Missha Safe Block Sun Gel is that it did clog my pores after continuous use. This is a problem I have with most sunscreens (even with other popular ones), so I don't think this product is particularly, it could just be me. If you are sensitive to sunscreen I would recommend getting a sample before purchasing it.

At around 12$ of 50ml I think this is decent sunscreen worth trying out. I purchased mine from Ebay but you might be able to find in a local Asian/Korean beauty store. Also you can apparently now find it on the Missha website for 14$.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig