Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Nice Treat

I love magazines! Ever since I was little I have loved them. They are the perfect bedtime read, articles aren't too long or too short and I don't get so absorbed in them that I can't sleep. There is also something great to be said about simply relaxing and flipping through glossy pages of beautifully constructed pictures.

However, even though I love them, I can be picky with the ones I choose to buy. The layout has to be nice, the writing fun and engaging and obviously the pictures need to be great.
Well, I recently discovered a magazine that ticks all those boxes and more: Town and Country UK edition.


I had never heard of the US edition, but the newly launched UK one really caught my eye. The summer issue was printed on the most luxurious paper ever, thick and glossy, which really showcases the pictures nicely (the fact that is is slightly oversized also adds to the feel of luxury).
The quality of the editorials is also fantastic, but you wouldn't expect anything less since the team behind this magazine also works on the British Harper's Bazaar.


The summer issue features Lily James (Downton Abbey) on the cover, editorials amazing British houses and summery English traditions like polo and cricket matches. Fashion and Beauty also have a place in the magazine alongside articles on great places to visit.


I honestly cannot explain how incredibly lavish this magazine feels, you can tell a lot of effort went into it. Reading it definitely feels like a treat and I urge you all to have a look at it.


The only downside to Town and Country is that they only publish 4 issues a year, but the quality and extent of the articles compensates for the waiting time.

I for one cannot wait for the next issue (set for November) and at 10$ it truly is a great buy.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig