Saturday, March 12, 2016

Innisfree Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser

Scrubs and exfoliators are some of my favorite skin treatments because they instantly give you results. My skin actually needs quite frequent exfoliation so I love finding exfoliating cleansers that are efficient, yet gentle enough so I can use them multiple times a week. This is why I was really excited when Innisfree launched their Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser and simply had to get my hands on it.


This cleanser comes in 3 different versions, each with a different concentration of sea salt: 20%, 30% and 40%. I went for the 40% to get the most exfoliation possible. Apart from the mineral salt, the foaming cleanser contains many fruit and plant extracts and, from what I could tell off the ingredients list, it is free of SLS. I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they can really dry out your face and upset its balance. That being said, this is one of the better ones on the market and I did not find it drying (though it is not moisturizing either). I particularly enjoyed using it at night as a second cleanse or in the morning because the foam is very light and airy. It is hard to explain but once you really lather it up in your hands it doesn’t feel like a foaming cleanser (it’s not as creamy and thick) and it was much easier to rinse off.


So far so good, but the exfoliating part took me by surprise. See, the sea salt particles are actually quite big and while they are not rough on the skin (which is great because they aren’t irritating) they don’t really do much in terms of exfoliating dead skin cells. I assume it must offer some sort of extremely gentle scrubbing effect but I couldn’t really see a difference when using it. I doubt the 20% and the 30% would perform much better either. So on the exfoliating front I can’t say I was impressed.

Over all, I think the Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser is a decent foaming cleanser but it didn’t blow me away. I don’t see myself repurchasing it since I much prefer the Green Barley Cleansing Cream and I would rather try cleansers from their olive or green tea line next.

The Innisfree Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser is available on the Innisfree website.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig