Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Favorite Cream Cleansers: Innisfree Green Barley Cleansing Cream and Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter

As much as I love skincare, I’m not the most adventurous when it comes to moisturizers and serums, but I do love testing out new masks and cleansers because I’m less scared they will mess with my face. This has led to some hoarding of various cleansers and in an effort to declutter my home this January I have reviews for two gems I have discovered in my stash. So let me introduce you to my favorite cream cleansers, the Innisfree Green Barley Cleansing Cream and the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter.


The Green Barley Cleansing Cream is a great multipurpose cleanser, you can use it in the morning or as a second cleanse in the evening for supple skin that doesn’t feel stripped. It is also great at removing makeup in a gentle but really efficient way (though I don’t use it on my eyes). The main reason for this is that while it comes out as a light cream/thick lotion it actually melts instantly onto your skin and turns into a light oil-milk that you can really massage into the skin and it simply dissolves makeup. I really love how this affordable cleanser can double up as a makeup remover and it leaves my face feeling soft.

Now let me start by saying that the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter is NOT a foaming cleanser (I have no idea why the named it that), it is actually a really lush cream cleanser. It comes out quite a thick cream from the tube, but you can massage it in and it turns into a watery milk once you add water to emulsify it. There’s no oiliness at all with this one but the Shea butter adds moisture back into the skin making it a perfect cleanser for cold winter mornings. On a side note, this smells amazing!! It’s a light, creamy and slightly sweet scent that I find quite addictive, I wish they had a body lotion with the same scent. As usual Clarins really knows how to make great cleansers.

The Innisfree Green Barley Cleansing Cream is available from their website and the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter can be found at Clarins counters and online.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig