Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Olive Oil Skin Care Company Manuka Honey Soap

In yesterday’s haul, I mentioned a little wonderful soap I got from Nourished Life. Generally speaking, I feel bar soap does not get as much love as it deserves even though there are so many great formulas out there. Also bar soap generally comes in less packaging than shower gels (no plastic) so it’s better for the environment. Why not make the change if you can or at least alternate so you can reduce your overall plastic consumption. If you are looking to try a great one look no further than the Olive Oil Skin Care Company Manuka Honey Soap.


This natural soap is handmade and only contains 100% saponified Australian extra virgin olive oil with fresh goat’s milk and Australian Manuka honey. On the box, the brand claims they are using a traditional way of making soap and their recipe really intrigued me. You see, years ago my mom told me a story about how my great-grandmother used to make her own soap using different ingredients and flowers from her garden. Apparently she had the softest skin ever, which I thought was impressive because most commercial bar soap make your skin feel dry. Well, according to my mom, this soap from the Olive Oil Skin Care Company smells and feels exactly the same as the one my great-grandmother used to make! How amazing is that!

The soap doesn’t have much of scent, it simply smells natural and quite neutral. It doesn’t smell of honey and don’t worry you can’t smell the goat’s milk either so the very light scent is gender neutral. On its own it doesn’t lather much but you can get a nice non-drying lather when using it with a loofa. This Manuka honey soap actually leaves my skin feeling so much softer and smoother than other soaps and shower gels. Quite surprising considering its minimal ingredients list.

So the formula is amazing, however because the results are so different it means the formula also feels different. Now I know this won’t sound like a good thing, but I promise it is: the soap is quite slimy. Don’t worry the lather is not, but the bar itself as a little slime-like quality to it, a bit like touching fresh aloe vera straight from the leaf (but not as bad). Don’t let it put you off, this is such a great product! Another thing in favor of the formula is that it lasts for a long time. I have been using mine for weeks and it’s still going strong. So there you have it, a perfect soap that is natural, long-lasting and affordable! It doesn’t get much better than that.

I got my Olive Oil Skin Care Company Manuka Honey Soap from Nourished Life and it is available from the company’s website as well. 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Natural olive oil soap has been the most preferred soap for centuries due to its magnificent moisturizing and cleaning properties. Its intensive vitamin E and antioxidant properties nourish the skin and antiaging effects has become a myth. Olive oil is vitamin E rich, which restorates, nourishes and improves elasticity of skin. For this reason, it has been very special for centuries and still maintains its special place. https://www.naturalturkishsoap.com/product/natural-olive-oil-soap/

    ReplyDelete

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig