Monday, September 21, 2015

My Essential Makeup Tools: MAC 217 Blending Brush and Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Beauty tools are not my favorite things to buy, I just don’t find them as exciting as a new lip gloss. I also honestly believe you can find great affordable options from the drugstore like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Nonetheless, some things are worth investing in, so today I have rounded up my favorites tools that are worth the higher price tag: the MAC 217 Blending Brush and the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. 


The Mac 217 Blending Brush is a cult favorite and worth every penny. I tried several blending brushes before finally caving and purchasing this baby. Well I should have just gotten it the first time, it would have saved me a lot of frustration over poor quality brushes that don’t know what “blending” is. This brush helps define you crease like nothing else, blends away harsh lines without making your shadows disappear and you can also use it to apply a simple wash of color all over. You really can do everything with the 217 and it is one of the rare eyeshadow brushes that is hard to dupe with something of lesser quality. As for how it holds up, it is easy to clean (I use the Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap) and it does not shed. I believe it will last a very long time and for the quality, it is a well worth investing in. 

Next is the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, the Cadillac of eyelash curling and the most raved about curler. I honestly waited for years before buying this because I didn’t think it could be that amazing. It is just an eyelash curler after all. How wrong was I… Unlike cheaper offerings, the Shu Uemura one does pinch your lash or bend them at an odd angle, leaving a kink in them. It always gives me an eye opening curl that lasts all day, that longevity was a surprise to me because other curlers did not give me the same results. I also found I don’t need to press as hard to get a good curl which is better for your lashes and it does not pull them out either. I really think this is worth investing in, especially considering it comes with a backup silicone pad which doubles the lifetime of the curler. Also if you are interested in more Shu Uemura products, the eyelash curler is sometimes included as part of sets like this one, so you can try multiple products.

The MAC 217 Blending Brush is available from any MAC counter as well as on their website. As for the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler you can get it from the Shu Uemura website, any of their counters and at Sephora.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig