Friday, April 17, 2015

Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Castile Liquid Soap: The Best Way to Clean Makeup Brushes

When it comes to beauty I am pretty good at following the rules, I always take my makeup off before going to bed, I don’t wash my hair every day, etc. However, I am not so diligent when it comes to washing my makeup brushes, I know this is a bad habit and I don’t like to use dirty brushes full of bacteria, but I always put it off. I used different soaps and even shampoo to get my brushes clean but the process was never enjoyable or fast. Well now, the laziness is gone, my brushes are clean and the whole process is super quick thanks to my new ally: Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Castile Liquid Soap.


This is an organic and Fair Trade soap that can be used for a myriad of uses, from basic house cleaning to hand washing. I personally have only used this to wash my brushes and I was really impressed by how great it works. This soap left no residue and all the makeup was thoroughly removed, even brushes with white bristles looked as good as new. While this is powerful (you only need a little), it did not dry out the brushes or alter the bristles in any way. I also found that it took less time and rubbing to remove the makeup and it washed away very quickly, unlike other soaps that keep foaming.

I went for the mild unscented version because I did not when my brushes to be scented since I’m using them on my face and eyes and I would not want to use anything that could be irritating. There are however different scents to choose from so I you are looking for a great multipurpose soap to use around the house, you can opt for something I bit more fun like peppermint, rose, lavender or citrus orange and there are also 3 more scents to the line.

I found the Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Castile Liquid Soap in my local health food store but you can get it on the Dr. Bronners website and if you scroll to the bottom you can find a list of international stockist.  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig