Friday, April 8, 2016

The Honest Company Purely Simple Face + Body Lotion Review

I am a big fan of The Honest Company, I briefly mentioned their products before in this post and since then, my love for them has only grown. I mostly just use their cleaning products, but I also really enjoyed the personal care products I tried (more about their discovery kits here). One of the stand outs for me is their Purely Simple Face + Body Lotion.


Let me start this review by saying I have not used this lotion on my face, I strictly use it as a body lotion and it is fantastic! The Honest Company has recently relaunched their body lotion to include 3 new ones to the range (the Purely Simple is the classic one) and they have repackaged them in lovely colorful tubes. The formula contains great ingredients like organic olive, shea and jojoba oils as well as aloe, calendula and chamomile. The lotion is fragrance-free, but I find the chamomile gives it very mild and pleasant scent. It is also free of silicones and parabens (read more about the ingredients here) and the formula is biodegradable. On a side note, I love how clear and informative the Honest website is, ingredients lists are detailed and easy to find and they also offer great information about the different products. 

As far as body lotions go, this one has a very unique texture. The lotion is quite light but as you rub it in, it gets a gel like quality that reminds of applying fresh aloe straight from the leaf. It feels very refreshing and soothing! It is formulated for those with sensitive skin so it’s super gentle, but still leaves you with soft skin. I used up my entire bottle and it made my skin super smooth and hydrated. I also found it helped with the little bumps I sometimes get on my arms. Overall, I was really impressed by this body lotion, it delivers nice results and I love how it has a clean ingredients’ list but is still affordable. I plan on trying out the other versions soon (probably the apricot one) and I can’t wait to see how they compare.

The Honest Company Purely Simple Face + Body Lotion is available on the Honest Company website. I believe they do have authorized sellers in different countries (Indigo is one in Canada) so you might want to contact their lovely customer service to see if you can get it in your country. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig