Monday, April 11, 2016

Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion SPF34/PA++ in no.13 Light Beige Review

Cushion foundations have been all the rage in Korea for a few years and even though they looked really fun, I never gave in to the urge of buying one. Buying foundations online is always a gamble, but when you have super fair skin, nine times out of ten you can expect the lightest shade to be too dark. So I indulged on skincare and lip tints instead (nothing wrong with that ;) However Innisfree once again sucked me in and I couldn’t resist their Ampoule Intense CushionSPF34/PA++ when it went on sale months ago.


So how did I get on? Well this particular cushion claims to be super moisturizing and is infused with oil to give you a glow. It also has SPF34/PA++ which is great added protection for a base product (you should still use a separate sunscreen) and the packaging makes it perfect for touching up during the day since most of us rarely reapply sunscreen (guilty!).

Innisfree is not kidding when it says it’s moisturizing, it feels very moist on the skin. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the oil it contains (don’t worry it didn’t break me out), the foundation doesn’t move around but it doesn’t look like it’s set either. The glow factor is very high, bordering on shiny for my combination skin, you really get that extreme Korean dewiness with this cushion. I think those with dry skin looking for that dewy glow will enjoy it and it can work on those with combination during colder months (or maybe if you live in a very dry environment). I have tried it last summer and it looked quite shiny, though a bit of powder did tone it down slightly. While it is long-lasting for such a glowy product, it did oxidise a bit on me. I don’t think it would necessarily make a huge difference on others, but it was quite noticeable on my fair skin (my neck is super pale). The coverage is a nice medium that is buildable. It will even out the skin, cover redness and minor imperfections, but you will need a concealer to cover spots. That being said I loved how this looked like skin when you have it on, in a weird way it lets your skin show through but still manages to even it nicely.


The shade range is small, only 3, and they are all on the lighter side. I purchased the lightest one which no.13 light beige and it was a tad dark for me, requiring me to really take it down my neck. It would be a good color match for me in the summer if I was using a self-tanner. I highly recommend you have a look at swatches online if you can’t see it in store. Very fair or darker skin will probably have a hard time finding a perfect match.


Packaging-wise, the case is actually quite sturdy with a nice mirror and I loved how the cushion is packed with product and you can easily flip the sponge when one side gets a bit dry. Another thing I love is that these are refillable and the refills are quite affordable which is nicer than having to buy a whole new compact every time. The cushion also comes with a puff so you can gently pat the product on. I’m not a fan of sponges generally, but this one is amazing!! The puff really blends the foundation seamlessly and easily, it cuts down the application time in half for me. The one con I have about it is that it’s quite hard to wash, but I don’t really mind because they are super affordable to buy on their own (about 3$). So I would recommend getting an extra one with your purchase just in case.

You can get the Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion SPF34/PA++ on their website and it is currently 50% off 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig