Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Book Haul: Cassandra Clare, Charlotte Cho, Sophie Kinsella and More

2015 was a major reading year for me, this was very welcomed because I used to love reading but reading too many textbooks in university made me less inclined to read in my spare time. Well that is now over and I hope 2016 will be as good book-wise as 2015. This is why I let myself be tempted during all the Holiday sales (and asked for some for Christmas) and got myself a nice selection of new books to start the year right.


1. The Little Book of Skincare by Charlotte Cho: a lovely book on Korean skincare full of fun anecdotes and useful information whether you are new to Korean skincare or not. I am half-way through it and I’m really enjoying it, Charlotte’s writing style is great!


2. Shopaholic to the Rescue by Sophie Kinsella: I have not read the blurb of this one because I have not finish the previous book yet, but I love the Shopaholic series. Sophie Kinsella is an amazing writer (more about her here) so when I saw this on sale for 10$ instead of 34$ I had to get it.

3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: this was mostly a case of judging a book by its cover, isn’t it gorgeous!? It won the Pulitzer Prize last year and the story looked quite interesting so I really look forward to reading it.

4. Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier: these are the last 2 books in the Ruby Red Trilogy, a young-adult fantasy fiction involving time travel. I actually watch the first movie based on the series and decided to read the books. I am enjoying it so far and I would recommend the films as well.

5. City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare: I’m loving Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, these are the fifth and sixth (last) books in this amazing fantasy series. The whole story centers on half-angels that fight demons to protect regular humans. It is super funny, well written and quite addictive to be honest. I loved the movie they made on it a few years ago and ABC Family is releasing a new TV series based on it later this month.

All these books are available in most bookstores, Amazon and iBooks. I hope this inspires you to get back to reading this year and do let me know if you have been enjoying any new books recently. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig