Sunday, October 11, 2015

Austenland: the funniest romantic comedy of all time

In order to get rid of my current writer’s block, I thought a nice little chat about one of my all-time favorite movies would be good. I have always been more of a TV girl to be honest, but some movies just stay with me and I can watch a hundred times without ever getting bored. That is the case with the amazing Austenland, and incredible British-American romantic comedy.


The premise of the story follows Jane, a 30-something woman who is a fan (you could say slightly obsessed) of everything Jane Austen that decides to go on holiday in an immersive Jane Austen themed resort. While the estate is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, it is also full of charming kooky characters. The movie made me laugh like I hadn’t in a long time, it is full of funny moments and while you to get the sweet/romantic scenes, I thought it was heavier on comedy part of a rom-com.

Keri Russell, Jennifer Coolidge and Georgia King are hilarious and the supporting cast really elevates the whole movie, it’s a hoot! I don’t think there was a lot of publicity when the movie came out a few years ago, but it is so worth watching. Yes it is a bit ridiculous at times, but it is in the best way possible and really it is quite charming and heart-warming.

You can watch the trailer here

You can find Austenland on DVD on Amazon and it is available on iTunes. I really cannot recommend it more, I am sure you’ll have fun watching it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig