Saturday, September 5, 2015

Caudalie 2015 Favorites Set: First Look and Review

Well I’m back today after taking a break from blogging to celebrate my birthday this week and also because work was a little crazy. To make up for it, I have a new Caudalie review for you all. I was fortunate to receive the Caudalie 2015 Favorites Set as part of a gift with purchase offer they had running on their website. Let’s have a look at this cute bag full of great deluxe size minis shall we.


The first product you get is the Lip Conditioner (here), a balm with grape oil and shea butter that protects your lips while giving them a shot of antioxidants. It’s a nice lip balm that does protect your lip and helps locks moisture in, but it did not add more moisture to my lips. This is normal for me when talking about a waxier balm. I enjoy using it, but I was not blown away either so I would say it is average but nice nonetheless. Edit: After using it for a few more days, I found out it becomes much more emollient once you wear off the waxier top layer and it is actually a very good lip balm that is quite affordable.

Next we have the Hand and Nail Cream (here), an antioxidant and anti-ageing moisturizing cream that contains grape seed oil and polyphenols along with shea butter. I really like this, it is super moisturizing and softening and it has a lovely orange scent that I surprisingly enjoyed (I’m not a fan of orange usually). Also our hands are one of the first parts of the body to show signs of age due to everything we put them through, from excessive washing to not protecting them from the sun. Having a hand cream full of antioxidant is a great way to repair the skin and hopefully help keep those signs at bay.


The third product is the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (here), a light gel moisturizer with star ingredients like grape water, grape seed polyphenols and Vinolevure. This moisturizer is balancing, provides light hydration and would be great for people with normal to oily skin, drier skin types might fare better with the Vinosource Cream. To me this is a great basic moisturizer that really focuses on hydration and works well in the daytime over a serum. I really think anyone would enjoy this and it’s a great product to have in the set. 

Next is the famous Beauty Elixir (here) a facial mist full of essential oils inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary.  It can be used as both a toner and a setting spray, though I prefer to use it on bare skin to really benefit from its ingredients. Obviously, I have not had this long enough to see any skin improvement, but I love therapeutic properties it has. It smells amazing, like mint, orange and rosemary making it a blend that is both invigorating and super relaxing. I really enjoy spraying it on before going to bed. The scent is very strong (and hard to describe) so it might not appeal to everyone, but I think it’s incredible.

Lastly is the Gentle Cleansing Milk (here), a gentle and soothing cleanser with sweet almond oil, grape seed oil and oat. I have been testing it out over the week and while it will not remove heavy duty makeup, it is perfect for minimal makeup days when you just want to remove concealer and a tinted moisturizer/light foundation. The lotion texture is actually quite moisturizing making perfect to use during cold weather or if you have dry skin. I also like using it in the morning for a quick cleanse that won’t disturb the balance of my face. 

The Caudalie 2015 Favorites Set contains a lovely selection of products and I love how everything should appeal to everyone. The sizes are all travel friendly but they have enough so you can really test them out. You can buy the set on the Caudalie website and all the products are available in full size and some in travel sizes. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig