Monday, August 17, 2015

Pukka Elderberry and Echinacea Herbal Tea

For today’s Tea Tuesday I bring you a nice organic herbal tea. I personally prefer going for organic teas and blends whenever I can, which is why I really enjoy teas from Pukka. The Pukka Elderberry and Echinacea is a very unique blend and I really felt a need to review it.


This specific tea contains a blend of aniseed, elderberry, echinacea, ginger, elderflower, beetroot and licorice among other ingredients. Pukka categorized it as a “super fruity” tea, but I have to say it is not very fruity at all. In fact, the stronger notes are definitely aniseed and beetroot with a hint of ginger and licorice. This gives it a very unique taste and while it is pleasant I would not recommend it is you are looking for a fruity infusion.

The ginger and orange peel actually give it a warming/spicy quick, but the licorice and elderflower add a sweetness that keeps it from being an overly wintery tea. Also, it leaves quite a fresh feeling and aftertaste in your mouth because of the peppermint it contains, thought you cannot actually taste the mint. I told you it was very special!

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed when I first tried it, because it was not as sweet or fruity as I expected. That being said, I do enjoy drinking it and I think it will make a great transitioning blend into the fall. It is something worth trying for yourself as it might be an acquired taste, but most tea lovers should enjoy its very unique flavor.

The Pukka Elderberry and Echinacea Herbal Tea can be found on the Pukka website and in tea/health food stores that carry the brand. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig