Saturday, August 22, 2015

L’Oréal Visible Lift Blur Foundation in Light Ivory 201

I have always been a bit reticent when it comes to buying drugstore foundations, not because the formulas don’t look nice, but because finding a shade that is light enough for me is near impossible. However, like any beauty lover, I enjoy trying new products so when I saw that the L’Oréal Visible Lift Blur Foundation was on sale, I let myself be tempted.


This is targeted towards more mature skin as it claims to blur the look of lines and wrinkles with the help of Visible Lift (I took this as meaning it contains the Visible Lift serum but I am not 100% sure). Honestly the main reason I think it is marketed for more mature skin is due to the fact the foundation contains hyaluronic acid which will plump the skin and minimize any dehydration line, plus it also has a very fresh finish.

Now I am still too young to need a wrinkle correcting foundation but I was very intrigued by the texture of this product. In a way it reminds me of the now (sadly) discontinued Magic Smooth Soufflé foundation from L’Oréal as it has a mousse like quality but it is still a liquid foundation and a bit runny. Due to its unique texture, a little goes a very long way and I found the best to apply it is with fingers to really blend it in. This is important because I think it could cling to very dry patches or look patchy if you are not careful, however it does blend quickly granted that you take the time to do it.

Finish wise, it first settles into a slightly matte satin finish that looks lovely and very much like skin. It also has a blurring effect on the skin, making it look quite flawless. Now, remember how I said this looks very fresh? Well, after a few minutes and as the day goes on, it will get dewier and if you if have combination/oily skin, a little shiny. I would advise people with oily skin to skip the Visible Lift Blur Foundation because I doubt it would last through the day. If you have combination skin you can get away with it if you use some powder to set your T-zone and those with normal to dry skin will probably enjoy it.

It comes in 12 shades, which is reasonable, but if you have very fair skin the lightest shade will be too dark. I can get away with it in the summer with the help of some bronzer and if I am using self-tanner, but it looks very orange in the tube. On the skin however, the pigments really sheer out, offering a light medium coverage that evens out the skin and offers a nice sun kissed look.

To be honest with you I have mixed feelings about this one. I do like the finish, but it is not made for combination skin so it can a bit shiny for my liking. I also wished it came in a lighter shade because it will be too dark for me in the winter which would be the best season for this foundation. All in all it is a nice foundation and if you have normal/slightly dry skin and can find a color match I would give it a try. The Visible Blur line also offers blushes that look really cute and I think they might work on a wider range of skin types and colors.

The L’Oréal Visible Lift Blur Foundation can be found in most drugstores and it is also available on their website
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig