Saturday, July 4, 2015

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast

We could all use a little bit more magic in our lives and I think that connecting with our child’s spirit is the best way to do that. That connection is all about remembering the excitement we felt about the little things when we were younger. For me the excitement usually comes around Christmas time and whenever I watch animated movies. Now, Christmas is still a few months away, but that also means there is no better time to be watching Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast.



I plan on talking about the whole Disney Fairies/Tinker Bell Movie franchise in a later post because it is one of my favorites, but I thought the latest installment would be a good place to start. It has quite a special story. For the first time Fawn (an animal fairy) is the main character and we follow her as she discovers a strange creature and tries to understand and befriend him. The rest of the fairies are not so sure about the beast, so as they try to capture him, Fawn and her friends come together to save him.

This is a beautiful story about learning the important of not judging others and how we should try to really get to know people before passing judgements. Personally I feel like all the Tinker Bell movies teach such great morals and are truly perfect for kids. That being said, as an adult, I really enjoy them as well because they are beautiful to watch and the stories are always very heartwarming. Also the fairy magic in them always brings me back to when I was younger, I would have loved those movies.

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast has a great message to teach us all, but that does not stop it from being very funny and cute. The ending is quite abrupt (not that it’s bad), but kids might be surprised to see it end the way it does because you expect to see more. I did shed a few tears, but I would not call it a sad movie, it is just very touching because the relationship between Fawn and the NeverBeast feels very real.

You can get Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast on DVD from Amazon and other major retailers. It is also available on iTunes and Netflix is you prefer a digital format. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig