Saturday, June 20, 2015

Weleda Body Oil Starter Kit

Oils are currently all the rage and as much as I love them on my face, I was a little apprehensive about using them on my body. I tried to get on the coconut oil bandwagon, but honestly I couldn’t get over the scent and I it felt overly oily on my skin. Nonetheless, I didn’t want to give up, so when I saw the Weleda Body Oil Starter Kit, it seems liked the perfect way to try out different oils without being stuck with a huge bottle if I didn’t like them.


Over the last few months, I have tested all the different oils and while I have not used them enough to see some of the results they claim, I really enjoyed them all. Obviously, you would need to use an oil consistently over a longer period of time to see cellulite disappear but that does not mean I did not enjoy lovely results from them. So let me run down the six different oils that come in the kit and what they did for my skin. 


- The Birch Cellulite Oil: I cannot speak to its cellulite-busting claims, but it offers light hydration and it was the fastest absorbing oil of the group.

- The Arnica Massage Oil: This one is amazing if you suffer from muscle aches as it almost instantly relieves pain. The effects are not as long lasting as an arnica gel, but it takes away the ache more quickly and it is easy to massage in without being greasy,

- The Lavender Relaxing Body Oil: I am not a fan of lavender, luckily the scent is not too overpowering and it was indeed relaxing. I usually massaged a drop behind my ears to help relax a night.

- The Wild Rose Body Oil: This has a lovely rose scent and I think it would be most appropriate as a massage oil. Out of the six, it took the longest to sink in and it was also oilier so you would not need to keep pouring it to give a proper massage.

- The Sea Buckthorn Body Oil: This is one of my favorites of the kit. I found it very moisturizing and it has great skin-softening properties. It has a light citrusy scent and was fast absorbing which is a must for me. Also sea buckthorn contains antioxidant so it will help protect your skin.

- The Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil: This is my other favorite of the group because of its great nourishing properties and it also offers great antioxidants. The light fruity smell is very delicate and not at all overpowering. 


I was very pleased with this purchase, all the oils were lovely and smelt amazing. If I had to pick the ones I would repurchase in a full-size, the sea buckthorn, pomegranate and arnica ones are definite favorites. You can buy the Weleda Body Oil Starter Kit on their website and you might be able to find it in your local health food store. I got mine from Target, so you can also have a look there too. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig