Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Sun Care: L'Oréal Paris Sublime Sun Range

I have always been super diligent with wearing sunscreen on my face every day, rain or shine. However, now that summer is finally here I needed to up my sun protection for the rest of my body. Like most I don’t enjoy slathering on thick sunscreen in sweltering heat, but this summer, the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Sun range has me covered.

To keep my skin protected I purchased a few sunscreens and since my lovely drugstore had a promotion going, I managed to get the after sun lotion for free. I haven’t used these products for long, but I thought I could give you a quick first impressions on them. I also really want to encourage you to go pick up some new sun care products, because after a year they are not really effective anymore. So using last summer’s SPF will not offer you the protection you need to keep sunburns and sun damage at bay.


First I got the Sublime Sun Silky Sheer SPF50 Lotion (here), this was the one thing I originally wanted because lotion and creams offer a much more even coverage than sprays do. I mean, a fine mist usually gets caught in the wind and can leave some spots unprotected. To me this is more of a cream than a lotion but it is not greasy and absorbs really quickly. I love that after a few seconds you can’t feel it on your skin and it doesn’t have a strong fragrance. The tube is small, but personally I never go through bigger bottles and always feel guilty about wasting it. At least with this I don’t think that will happen and if I run out, it is very affordable so I can easily get a new one without breaking the bank.

Next is the Invisible Protect SPF30 Dry Oil Spray (here), now let me say that using an oil in the sun just seems counter intuitive to me. I can still remember everyone at the pool covering themselves in oil before laying out in the sun to cook like turkeys. Now this has a high SPF but I wouldn’t feel comfortable using this as my sole protection all summer long. The reason I did buy it however, is that I think it will be great to use before going for a swim. I’m assuming it will not come off as quickly as a cream and so far I can say that it feels lovely on. It doesn’t leave you feeling oily, dries quickly and it makes your skin look great with a slight sheen.

Lastly I was lucky enough to get the Sublime Sun After Sun (here), this is a light gel cream that you can use to moisturize and sooth your skin after being in the sun all day. The light texture and scent are refreshing, making it great to use to cool down after spending a day outside or by the pool. It leaves no residue behind and offers a nice dose of hydration without feeling heavy. This turned out to be quite lovely and while it is not a must-have for me, I will enjoy using it for sure.

Sun rays are one of the primary causes of signs of age so taking the time to protect your skin against it is an easy way to ensure your skin will stay looking young as the years go by. As far as sun care goes, I think the L’Oréal Sublime Sun range is great and its price makes it accessible to many. Be sun-smart this summer and don’t forget your SPF. You can find all the products mentioned above and more (including mousses and sprays) from most drugstores and L’Oréal retailers. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig