Monday, June 1, 2015

Missha The Style Beautiful Tint in Moist Red

I have loved Korean skincare for years now, the formulas are always miles ahead of western brands and they deliver incredible results. What I have not really talked about here before is my love of Korean makeup, but that is about to change. The typical Korean makeup look is one of my favorite: glowy skin, minimal eye makeup and bright lips. This is how I do my makeup most days as it flatters fair skin and in order to achieve the look, a great lip stain is necessary. The Missha The Style Beautiful Tint in Moist Red has been in my beauty bag for years so it’s about time I talk about it.


This lip stain has the perfect bright pink color, it’s not neon or Barbie looking but a beautiful berry-fuchsia shade that brightens your complexion instantly. The finish is satin-smooth and not sticky or drying. On my lips it lasts for most of the day and a bit of lip balm after lunch revives the color. It is the perfect color to wear during the day and adding a simple lip gloss over it can easily transition it into a great going out look. This works best on bare lips, but make sure they are not dry since this formula is particularly prone to cling to dry patches, making them darker than the rest of your lips.  

As much as I love the color, there is still one thing that could be improved in my opinion. The sweet-scented gel formula is nice and evenly pigmented, however the brush applicator is not best suited for its application. It’s quite small and thin so it is difficult to spread the product on your lips, a doe-foot applicator would be best I think. I usually use the brush to dot the stain on my lips and blend it in with my finger. Be sure to wash your hands quickly afterwards or you’ll end up with a pink fingertip.

The Missha The Style Beautiful Tint is available in four colors (here shown in Moist Red) and you can get it from the Missha website as well as in Asian beauty stores that carry the brand.   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig