Sunday, May 31, 2015

Recent Beauty Buys: May 2015

Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well. With summer almost here, I have been trying really hard to declutter my beauty bags and finish up products. Obviously the first ones to go were some of my favorites so over the past few weeks I have been replenishing my stash. Off with the old (goodbye face mask that’s 3 years old) and in with the new.


First of all we have the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner (full review here), I went without this for a while and boy did I miss it. This gentle toner exfoliates your skin to leave it brighter and more even toned. For me daily usage of this helps fade any little red marks left behind by pesky spots.

Continuing with the same goal of more even skin, I finally purchased a full size Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. I used samples of this for over a year so I never had to actually buy. However, I was recently left sample-less and this was too good not to have again. It’s a light gel cleanser with exfoliating particles that leave me with fresh feeling skin in the morning. It’s truly a lovely product and it gives you smoother skin while still being gentle enough for daily use.

Next I needed to repurchase The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil, a tiny bottle of magic as far as I’m concerned. One drop of this applied to any spots helps tone down redness and makes them heal faster. Also unlike less natural spot treatments, this oil does not dry out the surrounding skin. It’s an amazing product that I’m never without and its small size makes it easy to take with you when travelling.

Lastly I have a new hair product that was picked up on a whim after seeing it on a few blogs: the John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray. I’ve never had much luck with salt sprays, I think my hair is just too long and heavy for them. However this looked interesting and I think it might be nice to give some texture to my hair or simply make it look nicer after a day by the pool.

So there you have it, a quick look at my most recent beauty (re)purchases. I really like reading this type of posts because they show true favorites. Have you purchased anything new recently? Any must-have summer products I need to get my hands on? I would love to hear from you. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig