Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Once Upon a Time

Generally speaking, summer tends to be the least exciting season in TV land, most shows have had their season finale and new offerings are quite slim. So I have taken on myself to recommend new shows for you all to watch so you’ll be ready when you feel like binge watching something or when the weather is not on your side.


One that I started (and finished) recently is Once Upon a Time, the story of a small town in Maine called Storybrookes where everyone is actually a fairy tale character but they have no memory of it. Flashbacks allow you to know what happened in the magical world and in the present day we follow Emma Swan as she learns about every character and tries to bring their memories back. The show is full of magic and colorful villains, it is quite funny. Let’s not forget the cast which has amazing actors with great chemistry and comedic timing (Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen is incredible).

I’m not sure why I never watched it before to be honest, the premise is something I would enjoy (and so would any Disney fans) but for some reason it fell through the cracks. Unlike your average TV show, Once Upon a Time gets better every season. I liked season one but did not thinking it was amazing, however I still gave season 2 a shot and it got better and funnier. In the end I really enjoy going back to childhood fairy tales and revisiting the stories with new added twists.

Watch season one's trailer here.

You can find the first three seasons of Once Upon a Time on DVD both in stores and online and you can also watch all the episodes on Netflix. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig