Sunday, May 3, 2015

My New Love Affair With Netflix

Oh Netflix what am I going to do with you. See Netflix and I haven’t always had the best relationship, when it first came to Canada I immediately subscribed, but the selection of shows and movies was not very good (especially compared to the American one). Nonetheless, over the last few years I restarted my subscription on and off for a month at a time. The service was never a fixture in my life, but last month everything changed.


While suffering from a case of “I have nothing to watch”, I decided to go back to Netflix hoping to discover something new and boy did it deliver. The number of great shows and movies that have been added is incredible! For the first time I finally get all the excitement around it and why procrastination is on the rise. Everything is just so tempting to watch, even though there are probably more productive things to do. I would say however that, if like me English is not your first language, watching programs in English is bound to improve your skills and is thus highly educational (I probably “study” a bit too much though).

In all honesty I have seen many shows on there, but I made quite a few new discoveries that were great and led to some marathon viewing. My current picks would be:

- Once Upon a Time

- The Musketeers

- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

- White Collar

If your past experience with Netflix left you disappointed, I highly recommend you give it a chance again, it might surprise you. Also, you’ll know who to blame if my posting becomes irregular. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig