Sunday, May 24, 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Let’s talk about mascara shall we? Recently, I have been trying to go through my stash of mascaras and I thought it was about time I gave the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara a go. My love for Maybelline mascaras is well documented on here so let’s see if this one can hold up to the others.


This latest offering from the brand promises a “full fan effect” with the help of 10 layers of bristle on a curved wand. The wand follows the contour of the eyes really well and the longer bristles at the end do give your lashes a more fanned out effect. In the length and volume department, you get a decent amount of both, but this mascara focuses more on defining and curling your lashes. The wand allows you to get between your lashes and separate them, making your eyes look more open. The overall effect is quite impressive, especially for such and affordable product.

The formula itself is great too, the color is very intense and it does not smudge or flake off. I did not purchase the waterproof version but once it dries, the mascara really sets and holds the curl. The Lash Sensational is one of the best mascaras I have tried for holding a curl, my lashes were in fact still perfectly curled at the end of the day. However all these amazing results come at a price, I find it very hard to remove. To me this is a big drawback because I removing my eye makeup is my least favorite part of my skincare routine. Even with a cleansing oil, I need to scrub quite a bit and still found some residue and smudges afterwards.  This does not stop the mascara from being amazing but it is important to consider when using it. If you know you’ll be coming home late you might when to use something else because it will be hard to remove and no one wants to mess around with makeup remover when they are tired. 

You can find the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara on their website and on Feelunique as well as in most drugstores. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig