Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Luna and Larry’s Organic Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss: Healthy Ice Cream Option

Living a healthy lifestyle is something I aim to do every day: I go to bed early(ish), drink plenty of water, exercise and eat generally healthy. However, like most, I have my weaknesses which usually come in the form of sugar namely: chocolate and ice cream. As much as I try not to indulge too much, I usually feel guilty when I have ice cream because I am lactose intolerant, so I’m sure having some regularly and needing to take medication for it is not good for my body. On the off chance you are like me, don’t desperate as I might have found the answer to our problem: the Luna and Larry’s Organic Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss.


This is basically a dairy/soy/gluten-free ice cream made with only four simple ingredients: organic coconut mill, organic agave syrup, organic fair trade vanilla extract and organic fair trade cocoa. First of all, let me just say the name is spot on because this is truly blissful. I am not a fan of coconut, I don’t like the scent or the taste but for some reason I love this ice cream.

It is super creamy and rich (just like regular ice cream) and the dark chocolate flavor is absolutely delicious, not bitter at all just sweet chocolaty goodness. There is a slight coconut taste when you first taste it, but I found that the chocolate soon comes in and masks it so you cannot even tell it is made with coconut milk. This truly makes for a lovely dessert and while I would not say it is healthy (it is a dessert after all), it is certainly healthier than regular ice cream and it contains far less sugar. If you are an ice cream lover I cannot recommend this enough! 

Luna and Larry’s offer a wide range of flavors of “ice cream” and you can get them along with the dark chocolate one in certain health food stores. You can find a store locator for the US and Canada here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig