Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in Rouge in Style

Like most girls, I love wearing nail polish and while my application technique has improved from the days where I would coat nail and cuticle in a thick layer of polish, the one thing that has not changed is my patience. I just can’t sit still once I have painted them which often results in me denting the polish, frustratingly giving up on the whole affair and removing everything. So when I got the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in Rouge in Style as a gift with purchase from Boots, I was intrigued.


The idea of such a polish conjured images of perfectly painted nails and no maddening battles with nail polish remover. According to Bourjois, you can paint your nails in one second due to the gel formula and it large brush with a curved edge. In reality, I would say that it takes a bit more than one second but the brush fits the nailbed really well and to formula is so creamy and pigmented that you can easily get away with one coat.

As for the results, the finish is glossy and the polish dries very quickly. I think this is the perfect to use when you are in a hurry and it is quite a handy product to have around. That being said, for all the positive aspects the formula lacks in wear-time. This sadly did not last more than a day without chipping on me. Obviously with such a vibrant shade the chips were quite noticeable so I mostly use it when I’m in a hurry because it looks gorgeous when first painted on.

If I were to purchase one from the line, I would go for a lighter color since any chipping would be less noticeable. To me this is quite a convenient polish to own because of the formula, but I would not say it is a must-have. 

The Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel is available from Boots and Superdrug in the U.K., you can also find it on Feelunique or have a look at the Bourjois website for store locators. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig