Monday, May 18, 2015

L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Golden Mousse

The weather has finally gotten nice which means it’s time to dust off the self-tanner bottles again. In the past, I’ve never had much luck with drugstore self-tanners, they are usually too orange, look streaky or don’t have much color payoff. Two weeks ago I decided to take a chance and purchased the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Golden Mousse in Medium Natural Tan.


Honestly I don’t really know what to say about this product, the mousse was very light and easy to apply. It dried quickly and unlike some lotions, it doesn’t feel tacky or like you have anything on your skin. Also, bonus points for it not staining my sheets even though the mousse instantly gives your skin a golden tint. The next day I woke up to one of the most natural looking tan ever. The color is not orange at all, it just looks golden and real unlike pretty much any other drugstore options.

Well, this sounds quite nice doesn’t it, but there is a big flaw to this product. It is not water-resistant at all. I mean, one drop of water and you are left with pale tan-less spot on your skin. So you can image this is not ideal to use on your upper body, I was left with long streaks on my arms after simply washing my hands. I guess it would be fine to use just on your legs if you are careful, but do not use this mousse if you plan on going near water or if it’s supposed to rain. I can easily image the polka dotted streaky disaster this could turn into.

I feel like this is such a shame, L’Oréal totally nailed the color on this one but the formula definitely needs some improvement. If you want to try it out for yourself you can find the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-TanningGolden Mousse at most drugstores. 

N.B. I just saw on the L’Oréal website that they discontinued this product (I can see why), however it is still available at retailers. I personally will go for another product from the Sublime Bronze range instead next time and hopefully the color will be as gorgeous.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig