Thursday, May 7, 2015

Innisfree Cleansing Sponge

The beauty world is full of gadgets that are getting more high-tech every year. We now have so many options when it comes to cleansing our face that picking the right tool might take you longer than actually washing your face. I have always been a fan of using a soft washcloth (keeping it simple you know) and while fancy face brushes have their appeal I never took the plunge. Recently however, I welcomed a new addition to my beauty cabinet and this simple tool has become a permanent fixture in my routine. Say hello to the Innisfree Cleansing Sponge.


This little sponge is made of 100% konjac root and once you run it under water, its hard surface turns into the softest almost jelly-like sponge. I find that this is a much gentler way of cleaning your face, you can add the cleanser directly to the sponge, but I like to use it to massage the cleanser that is already on my face and it helps removing it without causing redness or irritation. It is lovely to use in the morning when you don’t feel like splashing your face with water. It is said to very gently exfoliate your skin (it is more textured than your hands) and I think any of you with sensitive skin would like it.


I own two versions made by Innisfree, the white one which is a basic konjac sponge and the brown one which also contains volcanic scoria to offer more exfoliating properties. Honestly the difference between the two is minimal but the brown one is larger and is great to use on your face or body. Innisfree also offers a body sponge and it looks like it is larger and more textured.

As you would with any other cleansing device you do need to wash these regularly and try to hang them so they can dry properly and don’t get moldy (they come on a little string). I was very impressed with these sponges, they work well and unlike the ones from other brands, they are super affordable which is great considering that they won’t last forever. They are natural after all.

If you are interested you can find all of the Innisfree Cleansing Sponges on their website with prices varying from 4$ to 10$ (a real steal).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig