Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dior Backstage Eye Prime

I think it is fair to say from past articles that I don’t like talking about products I don’t like and today’s item is not bad or anything but I’m a bit disappointed in it. Dior is my favorite high-end brand but their Backstage Eye Prime has left me a bit perplexed.


Basically, this is a flesh-toned cream eyeshadow primer that is supposed to extend the wear and intensity of your eye makeup, turning your eyes into a perfect canvas. I loved it when I first got it, my shadows lasted all day with no creasing and unlike other primers, its drier texture made it super easy to blend my makeup. The thing is, now it does not prevent my makeup from creasing anymore. I’m not sure what happened, maybe my lids are oilier or it’s because the formula dried out a bit. That’s another thing, you have to be careful to really tightly screw the lid back in its place otherwise the formula will dry out. Luckily, I was able remove it from the pot and put it back upside-down so I can use the bottom half that was still fresh.

Now, the primer does not perform exactly like it used to but there is something it’s still great at: color-correcting my lids. I have very fair skin and as such the skin on my eyes is quite thin so you can see little veins. The Dior primer has a very natural skin tone color that I can blend to cover up the veins and perfectly even out my eyes, making them look brighter and more awake. I love using this on days when I don’t want to wear any eye makeup, but still want to look well rested. 

The formula of this is very dry so you do need to warm it up on your fingertip to make it easier to apply. Some might not like this, but the matte finish it gives to the skin is more natural looking and since it doesn’t leave your eyelids tacky, your eyeshadows will blend more easily and without dragging. Honestly, I don’t know if I would recommend this product as a primer (mostly because it’s expensive) since I can’t guaranty its effect in the long run. However, if you are looking for a corrector the Backstage Eye Prime is great and who knows, yours might be efficient at keeping your makeup in place too. 

You can get the Dior Backstage Eye Prime from their website and at any of their Counters. It is also available from Sephora and Feelunique.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig