Thursday, April 30, 2015

Origins Sample Trio Set

I have been intrigued by Origins for a quite a while now, so many bloggers rave about the brand that I wanted to see for myself how good their products are. So when I saw a sample kit of the brand’s bestsellers at Sephora during Black Friday, I could not resist. Obviously, I’ve had the samples for a while and I feel like I can finally give you a proper review on the Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion and Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.


First up, the Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. I was most excited about this one since it’s supposed to help clogged pores with charcoal acting as a magnet and white clay. The texture is a bit weird, it’s quite thin and does not go on evenly, however it does dry quickly and you can feel it tightening like a peel-off mask would. Overall, it is a decent mask, but I was not blown away. I guess regular use could help keep your pores clean but I find other masks work better when my skin is acting out.

Next we have the Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion, a slightly sticky cream with rice starch that exfoliates your skin. This is a super gentle exfoliator that would be great if you have sensitive skin or like to exfoliate your skin quite regularly. Obviously this is not abrasive so its effects are more subtle than other products but I like how it does not make my face red, making it great for mornings when you need a bit more glow. Out of the three products, this is my favorite.

Lastly is the famous Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask which is a cream with avocado and apricot kernel oil that works on the same principles as Asian sleeping masks to provide intense hydration to your skin as you sleep. When I woke up after using this, my skin was soft and well hydrated. I can see this being very useful for people with dry skin or during colder months. However, it left my face a bit tacky upon application and I don’t think it works as well as some Korean sleeping mask (I’m looking at you Laneige). If you suffer from dehydrated skin this might be a great option for you as it is more readily available than its Korean counterparts.


Overall, I liked my foray into Origins but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. Don’t get me wrong, everything was nice and worked well, but I thought I would get more impressive results. I might look into other products to see if I can find my own rave worthy product from the brand.

The sample set I bought is not for sale anymore, but I saw that Origins offers the same products in bigger sizes along with a face brush as part of a set (Masker Trio) on their website. It is more expensive but reasonable since the sizes are quite generous. You can also purchase the products individually from any Origins counter, their website as well as from Sephora and Feelunique
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig