Saturday, April 11, 2015

L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive: Doutzen's Nude

When it comes to models, everyone has their favorites and for me Doutzen Kroes easily makes the top 3. I mean she is just so gorgeous! So when L’Oréal released a lipstick named after her I was intrigued. The L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive is a line of lipsticks and nail polishes inspired by the brands spokeswomen. As much as I love Doutzen, I was not too sure about her shade, but in the end I caved and you can read my thoughts on it today.


The Doutzen’s Nude lipstick comes in a pale bubble-gum pink color that has a lot of frost to it. Personally, I’m more of a berry/bright lip colour kind of girl, I feel like it complements my fair skin better and since my lips are quite pigmented, pale lip colours tend to look odd on me. From the ads I think this would look great if you had a bit of a tan or similar coloring to Doutzen. I can’t wait to test it out once I breakout my self-tanner and get a bit of color. This is definitely not a universally flattering shade. If I go for a full layer, it looks too frosted and pale, but when you simply dab it on straight from the bullet, it looks quite natural. Applied this way, the frost makes the lips a bit fuller, adding dimension and the color highlights the lips beautifully.

While this is not my favorite shade I am still really happy with my purchase. The effect I get is similar to that of a great lip balm: plump, soft lips with a hint of colour. The formula is also quite long-lasting and creamy, making it easy to apply. On a side note, I really like the packaging of the Collection Exclusive line, it looks really chic and more expensive than it really is.

You can find the L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive lipstick in Doutzen’s Nude in most drugstores and L’Oréal retailers. The whole line contains six shades of nudes in total to match most skin tone, so if this particular shade is not for you I still recommend having a look at the rest of the line since this is a great lipstick. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig