Sunday, April 12, 2015

Veep: My Favorite Political Comedy

Tonight is going to be great one in the television world. The fifth season of Game of Thrones is premiering and everyone, myself included, is super excited to go back to Westeros. That incredible phenomenon of a show aside, today also marks the return of my favorite on screen politician: Selina Meyer. Veep is coming back for its fourth season and I could not be more excited.


If you are not familiar with the show, the story follows the life of Selina Meyer the Vice President of the United States and her staff as they navigate daily life and the political world. The entire cast is hilarious but Julia Louis-Dreyfus steals the show for me, her performance and charisma cannot be matched. Her character is a character itself on the show, she can be awkward and sometimes self-centred but I find that, balanced the other actors, it all makes for good fun. Tony Hale as the VP’s personal aid also deserves a special mention because he is so endearing as well as funny and his relationship with the Veep is unlike any other.

This is by far one of my favorite TV show and seeing it return for a new season brings me a lot of happiness. It always manages to make me laugh by turning serious situations and settings into something slightly ridiculous. They just take everything so seriously that you cannot help but laugh. I already had a fun-filled marathon of the past 3 seasons so I am all ready for the premiere.

You can catch the season premiere of Veep tonight on HBO and you can easily catch up on past seasons as they are all available on DVD and on iTunes. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig