Friday, April 10, 2015

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

I’m finally back, my posts have not been very consistent the last few weeks... There was the Easter break and I have been working on a new design for the blog, which took a little while but I’m very happy with the results. I’ll let you know more about the whole process in a later post and don’t be surprised if things change a bit more as I’m still trying out new ideas. To get back in the swing of things, I bring you a review on the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream.

I was pretty intrigued by the idea of a BB cream for your body and bought this in the two available shades. As far as body lotions go, this one makes pretty big claims, stating that its use will hydrate, illuminate, even, firm and correct your skin/skin tone. After 5 days of use, you should see all these results, but I have to say that after weeks of use I did not notice any firming or correcting effects.


Nonetheless, it hydrated my skin well and did even out and illuminate my skin. The thing is though, the evenness and illumination part don’t last very long. As soon as you apply it you can see the difference but the tint of the cream quickly disappears as it sinks in so it does not do much in the end. Your skin will look more luminous for a while after but I think that is mostly due to the fact that it is well hydrated.


The lotion comes in two colors, the lightest one illuminates more and has a more yellow tone and the darker one leaves a pinkish glow to the skin. I was expecting the color to show up more, but the effect is quite subtle. While this BB body cream does not live up to its claims, it is a nice light moisturizer that would be great for the summer and I will gladly use up my two tubes. It penetrates very quickly and does not leave any sticky residue. If your skin is very dry I don’t think this will provide enough moisture but it makes for a nice finishing product before going out.


You can find the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream in most drugstores and I saw on the Jergens website that they also offer a version with SPF15 which would be great for daily protection when the weather starts to warm up. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig