Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dior Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick in Carré d’Or

When it comes to beauty there’s a brand that never fails to impress me and its name is Dior. Every collection they release is a test to my restraint and decision making process, everything is just so beautiful.  So when Dior released limited edition lipsticks to go with their newly formulated eyeshadow palettes last fall, I convinced myself I didn’t need another lipstick, but one of them stayed on my mind. So you can imagine my delight when my mom surprised me with the Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick in Carré d’Or.

This shade is unlike anything I own, it’s a peach nude with a gold frost that doesn’t wash me out and just looks spectacular with a tan. The formula is great, it’s long-lasting and non-drying which is a rare combination. It doesn’t offer a lot of moisture but it’s very comfortable for a lipstick that’s not glossy or not overly creamy. As for the packaging, it is as chic as always and feels luxurious, which is something I associate with all Dior products.


Carré d’Or makes a great nude if you have fair skin because the peachy tones add color and brighten up your face instead of looking like you’ve put concealer on your lips. I also think it looks great if you have a bit of a tan due to its golden undertones but I’m not sure how well it would work if you have a darker skin tone.  This is quite a unique color so I would recommend having a look at in person before buying it. The rest of the Rouge Dior Couture lipstick range offers a very nice color selection and is also definitely worth having a look.

The Dior Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick in Carré d’Or is limited edition, but it is still available from Sephora online and you might be able to find it at Dior counters. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig