Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl Solutions

I don’t really watch reality television so when I first saw Bethenny Frankel’s books on Amazon, I had no idea who she was. It’s only after stumbling on her talk show one afternoon that I learnt more about her. I was drawn to her no-nonsense attitude and I found her quite funny, so I decided to order the book Skinnygirl Solutions on the off-chance it might prove useful and entertaining.

First of all, this is not a diet book, the whole Skinnygirl concept is Frankel’s brand and while the book does offer tips on healthy and mindful eating, it’s not some sort of crazy diet plan that will make you lose weight. What you’ll actually get is a series of advice divided into sections such as organisation, travel, beauty and career. 


Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this book, some of the advice was not new to me but I did learn a few things and I thought the career/business section was quite useful. It made a great bedtime read, since each chapter is divided into subsections and you don’t get too caught up in it like you would a novel. It was well written and you could feel Frankel’s personality through the words, it was very direct and to the point. The personal anecdotes were also quite funny and added a nice touch to the book.

All in all, this was a fun book that taught me a few tricks while keeping me entertained. I think it’s definitely worth checking out, it might surprise you. You can find Bethenny Frankel’s Skinnygirl Solutions at any bookstore and on Amazon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig