Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Love Star Trek?

I’ll be honest and say that I haven’t seen the original Star Trek, not the TV show or the movies. I just assumed they wouldn’t appeal me, maybe because they’re a bit old, I don’t know, but boy am I glad I discovered this universe.

All I knew about Star Trek were tidbits of information I gathered from watching The Big Bang Theory. I could not tell you what pushed me to watch it, but one day I decided to rent the 2 most recent Star Trek movies: Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, both directed by the amazing J. J. Abrams. The movies don’t feature the Original cast, instead they star Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana who all do a fantastic job at capturing the essence of these iconic characters.


I won’t go into detail of the plots, but know that each movie is fun, witty, full of action and will keep you on your toes. They are some of the best movies I have seen in a long time, they are visually STUNNING and you can expect quite a few good laughs. It’s something I believe both guys and girls would enjoy and, if your parents were fans of the original series, it makes a great family night movie. I re-watched it with my mom and it was amazing to connect over something of her past we could both enjoy.
In case you want to have a look at them, I’ll leave the links to the trailers below:


If you decide to purchase them I urge you to get the Blu-Ray version, it really does the special effects justice. You can find Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness on Amazon, they're also available in stores for about the same price (15 to 20$). 

2016 cannot come fast enough with the next installment of this series. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig