Saturday, August 16, 2014

My September Issues Picks

For anyone who loves magazines, this is probably the best time of the year. September issues have just hit the shelves, so I felt obligated to stop by my favorite shop and have a look at all the new offerings.
In past years, I used to buy pretty much every new fashion issue that came out, I am now much more reasonable. To be honest I’m not sure picking up 6 different fashion issues is worth it because at the end of the day, ads will be the same and if you don’t like the articles or the layout of the magazine, reading it won’t be the fun experience it should be.

So today I thought I’d share with you my favorite picks amongst the September issues. These are all the American versions of the magazines, we typically get European issues a month later in Canada. Also the newest Vogue has not been released yet but I’ll be sure to pick it up as soon as it’s released, it’s a classic after all.


This year I really took my time to have a close look at all the magazines and came home with only 2 (I felt quite proud). The first one is InStyle which is one of my all-time favorite magazines. I love the layout, all the articles are short and easy reads, you also get a mix of high-end and more affordable fashion. Obviously this issue is all about new fashion and beauty trends, but it also marks 20th anniversary of InStyle. This means a look back at past issues and great moments of the last 20 years. To add even more to the nostalgia, Julia Roberts is the cover girl (as well as a guest editor). This brings back so many good memories, as I loved her older movies and seeing her again makes me really happy.

Vanity Fair is the other magazine I bought, it offers beautiful pictures with their 2014 international best-dressed list and as always you can expect great feature articles. I haven’t had a chance to give this one a proper read yet, but the article on Natalia Vodianova as me yearning for some quality bedtime reading.

Do let me know which magazine you are currently enjoying and which ones you plan on picking up. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig