Friday, February 26, 2016

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in 10 Ivory Light

Like most I rely on foundation daily to even out my skin and as much as I love how it makes me look, I really don’t like shopping for it. You see the lightest shade in most ranges, high-end or not, usually doesn’t even come close to matching my skin. So whenever I find something that looks light enough I can’t stop the excitement which is what led me to purchase the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation in 10 Ivory Light.


First let me just say thank you to Marc Jacobs Beauty for offering such a wide range of shades: 15 in total! Now onto the foundation, it promises to be long-wearing and weightless all the while minimizing imperfections with the use of Soft Focus Powder. The coverage is medium to full depending on if you layer it or not, the texture is so light that you can easily add more if you need more coverage. One layer covers most imperfections and really evens out the skin. The texture is very watery, much more liquid than gel, and because it contains a lot of pigment it does cling to dry patches. I would recommend it more for combination to oily skin but it could work on drier skin types too if you prime or moisturize well before application. The finish is satin so it looks very luminous without giving a dewy glow and it is matte enough to last all day on my skin.


The shade 10 Ivory Light is a very fair color and a good match, even though it is a tad pink I can still easily make it work. This foundation is highly photogenic it almost acts as a filter and blurs your skin. However, what impressed me the most is how good it looks in person. I find it gives me flawless skin and I loved using it. Sadly I later discovered it contains silica so I don’t use it every day anymore, BUT I reach for it whenever I know I’ll be taking picture (I used it for my graduation pictures and it looked great) or if I want my skin to look really perfect. This is a great foundation and it is worth the investment in my opinion, especially if you have a hard time finding a good shade match. 

The Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation is available from department stores, Sephora and the Marc Jacobs Beauty website.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig