Monday, February 8, 2016

Daily Lip Balms Honey Edition Featuring Innisfree and The Green Beaver Company

The mission to keep dry lips at bay in the winter goes ever on, thankfully I love trying out new lip balms. At the moment, I’m having quite a love affair with honey lip balms as I cannot get enough of the scent. So today I bring you the Honey Edition of my favorite lip balms: Innisfree’s Canola Honey Lip Balm and The Green beaver Company’s Honey Lip Balm.


The Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm was actually the first product I tried from the canola honey range and it is lovely. It contains canola honey extract and mango seed butter to moisturize the lips and leave them supple. I found it works great on dry lips but it does not offer enough moisture to heal chapped lips. To me it’s better at keeping your lips soft when they are not in bad shape and because it has a super glossy finish it helps make your lips appear softer and smoother than they actually are. It looks beautiful over lip stains and I love using it throughout the day instead of using a gloss. It has quite a strong scent, but I love it because it reminds me of my favorite honey bubble tea. The Canola Honey Lip Balm is a really nice offering from Innisfree which also has other honey lip balms, including newly released tinted ones. You can see them all here.


Next we have one from my favorite Canadian organic skincare brand: The Green Beaver Company. Their Honey Lip Balm has a waxier texture than the Innisfree one, but since coconut oil is actually the first ingredient it’s actually very emollient and goes on super smoothly. It is certified organic by Ecocert and its mix of oils and honey makes for a very nourishing and moisturizing balm. That being said, I still don’t think it’s enough to heal super chapped lips but it is nicely hydrating for day to day use. It smells and tastes just like really honey, which makes sense as the formula is all natural. I like that it does not just protect lips from drying out (like typical waxy lip balms), I believe the blend of oils (coconut, sunflower and cranberry) makes for a winning hydrating combination. Lastly it’s super affordable and you don’t have to be afraid of ingesting bad chemicals while wearing it. 

The Innisfree Canola Honey Lip balm is available from their website and the Green Beaver Company Honey Lip Balm can be found in many health food stores as well as on their website.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig