Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Kusmi Green St. Petersburg

I reviewed the Kusmi St. Petersburg tea a few months back and I really liked it. It also made me very curious to try the Green St. Petersburg to see how it would compare and which one I would like best. So for today’s Tea Tuesday I am bringing you my review of Green St. Petersburg by Kusmi.


This green tea version of the blend contains the same notes as the original: bergamot, caramel, red fruits and vanilla. The main difference between the two for me is the taste of the base tea. The green tea is quite strong and the main thing I taste, whereas the original blend with black tea allows for the different notes to be more present. Here the caramel and red fruits are more present but the green tea can be a bit overpowering.

It is still a very pleasant tea to have and the added antioxidants are a great bonus, but I have to say the original St. Petersburg is more flavourful and complex. That being said, I found that a touch of honey really helps tone down the bitterness of the green tea and it nicely brings out the sweetness of the vanilla and red fruits notes.

All in all, I think green tea lovers will probably enjoy this quite a bit and it is a nice way to incorporate more green tea into your diet if you prefer something a bit sweeter. You can find the Kusmi Green St. Petersburg in many health food/tea stores and the Kusmi website ships internationally. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig