Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Klorane Desert Date Range Review


Continuing on Monday’s theme of winter restoring treatments, I thought we could talk about haircare today. Having a deeply hydrating routine is super important to maintain the health of your hair, especially during colder months and if you live in a hard water area or if your air is naturally dry. I have been a fan of Klorane products for years now so today I wanted to talk about their Desert Date range.


First of is the Desert Date Shampoo, unlike the ones from many brands this one actually has a thicker and slightly creamy consistency making it more nourishing from the get go. The formula lathers really well and even though it feels richer, it does not leave a residue in the hair. It does contain sodium laureth sulfate but it doesn’t irritate my scalp or dry out my hair. I used to go for products without sulfate but I couldn’t find a line that could combat the really hard water in England and give me soft and shiny hair.

The Conditioning Balm is the conditioner I use after the shampoo, it feels like a super thick cream and that melts to really penetrate the hair and nourish it. Because it is so rich, I found I had to use less than I would a normal conditioner so I would be careful the first time I use it or it can weight your hair down a bit. Like all the products in the line it has a caramel-like scent, it does not linger too much in the hair but I personally don’t like the smell of caramel so for me this was not a plus.

Lastly there is the Desert Date Mask, the most nourishing product of the range which I typically used once a week after using a clarifying shampoo. Those types of shampoos can be very stripping on the lengths of your hair so this mask was great to really restore the moisture balance. I particularly enjoyed applying it to the lengths before shampooing so it would serve as protective shield. The cream texture makes it easy to apply, it doesn’t drip everywhere, and you don’t have to use much so it should last you a while.

I would definitely recommend this range if you have medium to coarse hair that is in need of a lot of moisture. It might be too much if you have fine hair, though you might enjoy the mask as long as you are mindful of how much you use.

The Klorane Desert Date range is available at most drugstores and you can have a look on their website to see where to find it in your country.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig