Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

Who does not love a good mascara? I personally think the drugstore has loads of great offerings, but like everyone else I feel the appeal of high-end mascaras with their beautiful packaging and compelling ads. That being said I always feel a bit guilty spending a lot on mascara, see my eyes are very sensitive so I can rarely finish a tube and obviously no one likes to throw away something you spent good money on. This is why I love buying minis from Sephora or getting samples from my favorite counters. As you might know, Dior is my favorite luxury brand so I was beyond excited when I received a mini Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara as part of a gift with purchase.


The original Diorshow Iconic is a favorite mascara of mine and I love curved mascara brush, making the Overcurl version a must try on my list. The combination of the brush and formula is supposed to give great volume and really curl your lashes. The formula is on the drier side which I love, it makes applying it to finer lashes super easy and the black color is nicely pigmented. The curved brush really follows the contour of your eyes, so it really helps define them by separating every lash and the application is easy.

Now for the results, I got lots of volume with this and because the formula is drier the volume looks like your lashes are naturally bigger instead of giving you a wet clumpy look. As for the curling power, it does initially lift your lashes but the effect did not last for long on me. By the end of the day the curl had dropped, but the volume was still present and helped keep my eyes defined. I think my lashes might be too fine for the formula, but if you have thicker lashes or can handle slightly heavier mascaras I think you might like this. The volume you get is impressive enough so I would give it a try if the opportunity comes up or if you can get a mini tube.

The Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara is available from any Dior counter, the Dior website,  Sephora and Feelunique
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ahhh so sorry to hear this isn't PERFECT for you! It is one of my all time top 3 because it actually does hold the curl. I've tried plenty of Dior mascaras but I don't think I've tried the original Iconic! Now I'm intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading your review, so I was a bit surprised by own it performed on me. Mascaras don't usually weight my lashes down. anyways, the original Iconic is great for making your lashes look natural in a gorgeous way!!

      Delete

© Daily dose of what I love. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig